I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a BA in Journalism and Mass Communication—my focus was photojournalism—and did postgraduate work at Parsons School of Design and The New School in New York.
After college, I assisted fashion photographers in Atlanta and NYC and then branched out on my own as a fashion still life photographer in NYC for many years.
In 2007 I moved to a small mountaintop village in Andalucia, Spain, and for five years focused on capturing the essence of southern Spain through my landscape, animal and nature photography.
I returned to the US in 2012 and have worked as the still photographer for the movie Susie's Hope
as well as the Travel Channel's television show Baggage Battles
on numerous occasions.
Clients include Liz Claiborne, Nicole Miller, Anne Klein and Bobbi Brown; Condé Nast publications such as Brides and Self Magazine; and retail clients such as J.Jill and Garnet Hill.
My fine art images have been exhibited in galleries in Berlin; Munich; New York; Chicago; Raleigh; Gaucin, Spain; and High Point, NC.
Until recently I was living in Los Angeles and devoted much of my spare time to photographing shelter animals. I continue my still photography, based in and working out of North Carolina.
House & Garden
New York Magazine
String and Splinter
The Hook Company
The Travel Channel's Baggage Battles
Press and Publications:
- HGTV (Home & Garden Television) – Made personal appearance highlighting floral images
Fine Art Exhibitions:
- Published fine art greeting cards distributed and sold in the US
- Gaucin, Spain – Solo exhibition at La Fructuosa
- Berlin– Multiple exhibitions at Galerie Fahnemann
- Munich – Gallery exhibition sponsored by Mannheimer Versicherungen
- Raleigh – Solo exhibition at Flanders Art Gallery
- New York – Group exhibition and silent auction for The Friends of Green Chimneys
- Chicago – Group exhibition and auction for DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS)
- High Point – Theatre Art Galleries photo exhibition
- High Point – Theatre Art Galleries silent auction
Some of the images on this site are signed Limited Editions and are available for purchase.
Please contact me for details. The copyright notice is only for protection on the internet, and it will not appear on your print.
The concise legal stuff: All photos on this site are protected by copyright and may not be used in any manner, digitally or in print, without the prior consent of the author (that's me). If you are interested in using my work, please contact me and we can discuss it. But do not steal it—that is copyright infringement, and not only is it illegal, it's just not cool.